2021-22 Student Council
Roles of the Student Council Members
- To officially represent all the students in the school.
- To identify and help solve problems encountered by students in the school.
- To communicate its opinion to the school administration on any subject that concerns students and on which the council wishes to be consulted.
- To promote and encourage the involvement of students in organizing school activities.
Responsibilities of the Student Council Members
- To promote the interests of students among the school administration, staff and parents.
- To inform students about any subject that concerns them.
- To consult students on any issue of importance.
- To serve as liaison between students and staff.
- To advertise and promote all upcoming school events.
- To organize financial campaigns for school life and charitable activities.
- To organize educational and recreational activities for students.
- To maintain good relations, out of mutual respect, with the school staff (the principal, teaching and non-teaching personnel) and parents.
- To attend all Student Council meetings.
Qualifications for Student Council Members
- You must have at least a 3.0 grade point average (GPA).
- You cannot have any D’s or F’s on your last report card, and you cannot have any during your term of office.
- You cannot have any suspensions from the past or current year.
- You must possess outstanding leadership qualities.
- You must be a positive role model!
- Should any officer incur a “breach of integrity” during the year, he/she will be immediately removed from office, and the second-runner up will take over for the rest of the year.
- You must have all teacher recommendations completed.
- No election packet will be accepted after the due date and time.